mPulse EventsTHE QUEEN'S COMMONWEALTH ESSAY COMPETITION 2022
THE QUEEN'S COMMONWEALTH ESSAY COMPETITION 2022Deadline: 30th June 2022
This is an opportunity for young writers to share their thoughts, ideas and experiences on crucial international issues and be rewarded for it.
To be eligible, the applicants must:
- Submit applications which must be an original work.
- Must be a citizen or resident of a Commonwealth country or territory (including Nigeria).
- Applicants must be aged 18 or under: Junior & Senior entry categories
- One winner and runner-up will be chosen from each category.
- Winners and runners-up will be brought to London for a week of educational and cultural events, culminating in a special Awards Ceremony.
- A number of Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards will be given in both the Senior and Junior categories, rewarding excellence in writing.
- All successful entries will receive a Certificate of Participation.
Junior Category: Born on or after 1 July 2008 (under 14 years of age)
- Imagine you are a grandparent in 2022. Tell your grandchildren a bedtime story about an inspirational person.
- What are the best ways for young people to serve the Commonwealth in your view?
- Our Commonwealth community.
- Write a job description for a superhero needed to solve a problem in your community.
Senior Category: Born between 1 July 2002 and 30 June 2007 (14-18 years of age).
Write an essay on any of the 4 themes below:
- Imagine you are a Head of Government delivering a speech to your counterparts at the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) in Rwanda. Write a speech that highlights what you believe should be a priority for collective action within the Commonwealth.
- 2. Committed to the Commonwealth.
- 3. Her Majesty The Queen was born in the twentieth century, a period that saw enormous social change driven by visionary and committed leaders. Reflect on an inspirational leader from this period.
- 4. “Whilst experiences of the last year have been different across the Commonwealth, stirring examples of courage, commitment and selfless dedication to duty have been demonstrated in every Commonwealth nation and territory, notably by those working on the frontline who have been delivering healthcare and other public services in their communities.” – Her Majesty The Queen, Commonwealth Day Message 2021. Imagine you are working on the frontline. Write about your experience, explaining why you serve your community and why your service matters.
The Queen's Commonwealth Essay Competition is supported by the Lagos State Government.
Interested? Click here to submit your essay
Get tutorial lessons, JAMB, WAEC & JSCE past questions, exciting games all on mPulse
Free birthday reward, Data bonus on recharge, Cheap mPulse data bundle, Monthly WhatsApp Data bonus all on mPulse. Dial *344*1# NOW to migrate to mPulse!